This is my rendition of the Stalker costume.  This is the only "prop" that I made for 2005.  With everything that was going on this year I only had time to make one item.......and this is what I chose.  As always, I searched the web for ideas and guidance for the initial idea....from there I let my imagination go wild.

I walked around the campground for 2 hours in this costume.  The weight is very minimal but my shoulders got a bit sore from extending the arms.

The kids absolutely loved this costume.  A lot of the kids wouldn't even get close to me....it simply was too realistic.  When my head move....the skull head also moves side to side.

 

This was the design of my hands.  I had a problem with the weight this year but I think I have an answer for the problem and I will incorporate them in 2006.

I put an all-thread rod trough each finger.  The  rod can be bent to any desired configuration or look.

The arm is composed of a 1 1/4" and a 1/2" PVC pipe.  The 1/2" pipe is longer than the larger...if you bend the pipe around an object and bolt it on both ends it will remain in a bowed configuration and look similar to real arm bones. 

A handle is placed on one end of this arm for me to hold onto to control its movements.

 

 
  This is a vies of the frame I wear...note, this does not have the rod that comes down to my head nor does it have the rib section at this point.
 

I made an AutoCAD drawing detailing the frame but it was lost in a computer crash. This is an earlier version that shows how the frame fits.  This isn't how the head turning mechanism works however.  I will post the true configuration later. 

Click here for Frame

Click here for Drawing

 
A sternum is cut out of styrofoam.  The spine is a 1 1/4" PVC pipe.  I used 1/4" aluminum tubing (copper will also do nicely) to bend and represent ribs.  The "ribs" just poked into the styrofoam but are screwed to the PVC pipe in the back to hold it into place.  The aluminum tube is soft so the screws go in easily if you drill a pilot hole first.  I use duct tape to connect each rib in the back just to help hold the ribs in place.
 
My wife and daughter use my "Corpsifying a Blucky" technique and cover the rib armature with Scott tissue paper ready to be covered with latex carpet adhesive. 

You will notice that I covered the aluminum tubing ribs with pipe insulation to make them more realistic. Cover any gaps or voids with 200mph tape (that's also known as duct tape)

 
This is the attachment of the head.  I glued a pipe into the skull and cut it down to a length about 1" outside of the skull.  The body armature has a rod that runs down to my head so that the skull will turn as my own head turns.  I put a compression fitting at the top of the neck to hold the rod and also to allow me to remove the skull for the winter to prevent damage
 

Hit Counter

RETURN TO PROPS